News was made last week when the governor of Washington, whose name I don't remember and couldn't be less important, allowed an atheist group to put a display next to the Nativity display at the state capitol. The display placed by the Godless heathens was not a simple image or symbol, as are the nearby Nativity scene and Menorah, but a sign with a blasphemous rant directly attacking the Savior and all religious people.
The governor, who is obviously sympathetic to the spiritually void, defended her decision based on the state's responsibility to be inclusive and not judgmental of differing beliefs.
Enter the Perfect Storm.
She has now been petitioned by a group that wants to include a Festivus display. I don't know if they're serious or not. It doesn't matter. I LOVE IT!!
Thanks to the legendary Seinfeld show Festivus is a well known bogus gag. Now this PC governor is faced with a decision clearly above her intellect. Should she allow the openly mocking farce and be shown for the mental midget she is? Or deny the petition and be shown for the pathetic hypocrite she also is?
Either way it will be entertaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving your comments. Feel free to be forthright and blunt. I have no problem with disagreement. Please do refrain from using any profanity, bigotry or name calling. All comments are moderated, which means I have to approve them before they will be posted. ANONYMOUS comments will not be published. I put my name on my opinions for all to judge, I will only publish comments likewise submitted.
I'm adding 2 addenda to my comments policy.
1) The invitation to leave comments about my posts is not to be construed as an invitation to endless, pointless debate. I do have a life away from this computer, and don't wish to spend what time I do have lingering on one topic. There's too much going on. Sincere questions will be answered. Questions designed to simply be the starting point for argument may be considered rhetorical.
2) This is MY blog. I have recently discovered the inability of some to remain on topic. I reserve the right to deem comments too stupid to use up my space.