Monday, October 10, 2011

It's begun. Again.

Once again the Mormon bashing has begun. As predictable as it is, it's still always disappointing to see otherwise decent individuals, that claim to believe in the founding principles of this nation and profess to be a follower of the Master, engage in behaviors that are so counter to those principles and His teachings.
In an odd way I admire their fire. Spreading the good word of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is important work. Unfortunately in their zeal they take a giant leap away from teaching truth, and instead single out one particular faith with which they disagree and are so extreme as to suggest the followers should be opposed in every aspect of life.
The irony is that in this case they are actually fighting against the very truth they should be seeking.
It's a sad thing to know that one day the words and actions that they use to condemn Mormons will ultimately serve to be their own condemnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments. Feel free to be forthright and blunt. I have no problem with disagreement. Please do refrain from using any profanity, bigotry or name calling. All comments are moderated, which means I have to approve them before they will be posted. ANONYMOUS comments will not be published. I put my name on my opinions for all to judge, I will only publish comments likewise submitted.
I'm adding 2 addenda to my comments policy.
1) The invitation to leave comments about my posts is not to be construed as an invitation to endless, pointless debate. I do have a life away from this computer, and don't wish to spend what time I do have lingering on one topic. There's too much going on. Sincere questions will be answered. Questions designed to simply be the starting point for argument may be considered rhetorical.
2) This is MY blog. I have recently discovered the inability of some to remain on topic. I reserve the right to deem comments too stupid to use up my space.