Friday, December 19, 2008

Unabashed Liberal Hypocrisy

I know, the title is redundant. Sorry.
The latest example of blatant hypocrisy from the tolerant left, who claim to be all about free speech, is their collective hissy-fit over the selection of conservative, anti-gay pastor Rick Warren to give the invocation at the Obama inauguration next month.
The united "WAAA" has been heard from GLBT groups, so-called "women's advocate groups", and even liberal clergy. In other words the usual suspects.
If you've ever heard a word from any of these folks about government sanctioned Gay Pride parades that include exhibits of nudity, promiscuity, pedophilia, etc., or naked PETA protests, or openly subversive anti-war tactics, it was only to lecture about their freedoms and their right to be heard and represented.
But things are different now. They were under the impression they had taken over by electing their guy. They believed liberalism was the new order, and that the government would ignore and/or run roughshod over conservatives and their blasted morals.
Now as Obama begins to organize his administration, the left have been astonished that Obama appears to believe that he will be president of the whole country. Including conservatives.
Despite their infuriating hypocrisy and frustrating ignorance, watching them twist in the wind this way is making for some good entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I derive a bit of comfort due to some of the decisions Obama is making and his pick of Rick Warren is a contributing factor. Maybe there is a little something to "Hope" for after all?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments. Feel free to be forthright and blunt. I have no problem with disagreement. Please do refrain from using any profanity, bigotry or name calling. All comments are moderated, which means I have to approve them before they will be posted. ANONYMOUS comments will not be published. I put my name on my opinions for all to judge, I will only publish comments likewise submitted.
I'm adding 2 addenda to my comments policy.
1) The invitation to leave comments about my posts is not to be construed as an invitation to endless, pointless debate. I do have a life away from this computer, and don't wish to spend what time I do have lingering on one topic. There's too much going on. Sincere questions will be answered. Questions designed to simply be the starting point for argument may be considered rhetorical.
2) This is MY blog. I have recently discovered the inability of some to remain on topic. I reserve the right to deem comments too stupid to use up my space.