Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Frog in the water

We all know the metaphor. A frog put in a pot of boiling water would jump right out. But a frog put in comfortable water will enjoy his jacuzzi while the heat is increased and the frog boils to death.
We have enjoyed the nice warm bath of freedom and free enterprise most of our lives. For those that have not noticed yet THE WATER IS GETTING HOT!

Our great-grandparents would have wretched at the idea of entrusting the government with the education of our youth.
Our grandparents would never have believed our parents would be dependent on the government for their healthcare in their senior years.
Our parents would not have believed their children would witness the nationalization of the banking and automobile industries. Or the use of every aspect of the tax codes to redistribute wealth from producers to non-producers. Or the diminishing of quality of life for 'global climate change' that may or may not be happening, may or may not be our fault, may or may not be bad, and may or may not be reversible. Or the degredation of our strength and position in the world at perhaps its most dangerous time in history.

What of freedom will be left for our children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments. Feel free to be forthright and blunt. I have no problem with disagreement. Please do refrain from using any profanity, bigotry or name calling. All comments are moderated, which means I have to approve them before they will be posted. ANONYMOUS comments will not be published. I put my name on my opinions for all to judge, I will only publish comments likewise submitted.
I'm adding 2 addenda to my comments policy.
1) The invitation to leave comments about my posts is not to be construed as an invitation to endless, pointless debate. I do have a life away from this computer, and don't wish to spend what time I do have lingering on one topic. There's too much going on. Sincere questions will be answered. Questions designed to simply be the starting point for argument may be considered rhetorical.
2) This is MY blog. I have recently discovered the inability of some to remain on topic. I reserve the right to deem comments too stupid to use up my space.